Privacy and Cookies
INFORMATION WE REQUEST AND MAY HOLD ABOUT YOU
Information we request and information that you may provide to us include:
- Your name, date of birth, age and sex.
- Billing and delivery addresses.
- Email address and telephone number.
- Usernames and passwords.
- Payment card details.
- Browsing and shopping activities.
- Your customer correspondence.
- Products purchased through the website or over the phone.
- Ratings and reviews submitted.
- Signing up to newsletters or marketing materials.
- Your IP address
- Details of your visit including but not limited to traffic and location data.
- Advertisements and linked sites that you access.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we may use the information you have provided to us in the following ways:
- Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the Site).
- Personalising your visits to the Site.
- Helping develop the design of the Site to improve the services provided to you.
- Informing you about the latest changes to the Site.
- Providing responses to you about, a comment or other content you have submitted to the Site.
- Sending you direct marketing communications.
- Conducting market research.
- Carrying out statistical, technical and logistical analysis.
We may use third party service providers to help manage our Site, Application and busniness operations. Third-parties may be given access only to that information needed to perform their specific support functions.
We may disclose personal data to third parties in the following manner:
- Credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer and we may share information with third parties, including credit reference agencies, to enable these checks to be completed.
- Other companies that directly support our business functions, including for audit purposes
- Companies or professionals directly involved in corporate events that include Vinyl Works Records Ltd selling or buying any business or asset and/or Vinyl Works Records Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party.
- In some cases we may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements and requests from government agencies.
Our Site may contain links to and from the websites within our business network, advertisers and other third parties. If you use a link to access any of these websites, please note they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
Countries outside the European Economic Area may not always have the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this Policy and that it is kept secure.
Our Site has standard security measures installed in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. You acknowledge that although we exercise adequate care and security there remains a risk that information transmitted over the Internet and stored by computer may be intercepted or accessed by an unauthorised third party.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND ACCESS RIGHTS
In accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may request the amendment of personal information held buy us (no charge). You also have the right to access the personal data we hold about you (we may charge a fee for this request of no more than £8.00). If you wish to obtain a copy of this information, update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. These types of files do a number of different jobs such as remembering your preferences and chosen items, assisting you to improve your experience as well as trying to ensure that the adverts or offers you see online are more relevant to you.
This type of cookie enables the Site to provide necessary services you have asked for such as shopping bag items, wish lists, search parameters and language. They can be used to customise your experience of the Site.
These cookies collect anonymous information on how the Site is used. We use this information to help improve how the Site operates. We utilise Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers and visitors arrive at our Site, browse or use our Site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
This type of cookie collects information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. We may use 3rd party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
If you wish, you can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie so you have the chance to accept it and you can also set your browser to refuse to receive or send all cookies.
cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|